The Programme in Criminal Law Enforcement (CLEP) is delivered in association with the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University. Its purpose is to provide a vocational, industry-focused programme to employees in the law enforcement environment to equip them with the basic knowledge, tools and practical techniques to enable them to perform their functions in terms of the Criminal Procedures Act and other specific legislation that may be enforced by officials.
MODULES COVERED IN THIS PROGRAMME
|Introduction to the Constitution and Bill of Rights (5 days)||12|
|Introduction to Criminal Investigation (5 days)||12|
|Law Enforcement by Peace Officers (5 days)||12|
|Taking of Statements (5 days)||12|
|Enforcement of Marine and Coastal Legislation (2.5 days)||6|
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS
National Senior Certificate:
- Minimum NSC statutory requirements for higher certificate entry must be met.
- An applicant with NSC Grade 12 Mathematics or Technical Mathematics requires a minimum Applicant Score of 310.
- An applicant with NSC Grade 12 Mathematical Literacy requires a minimum Applicant Score of 325.
- NSC achievement rating of at least 50% for English Home or 55% for English First Additional Language.
- School Performance Score of 25.
- Senior Certificate.
- Minimum of two higher grade subjects.
R54 000 per student over 6 months.
All students have to pay a R500 registration fee.
Bursaries up to a maximum of 90% of the course fees will be granted where students meet the qualifying criteria.
Students' fee portions can be paid monthly in instalments.