HVT Digital Certification: Basic (Silver)
About the course
Digital represents a growing sector that offers many employment opportunities. All of this is happening because technology is evolving at an accelerating rate; offering people new ways to communicate, interact, shop and live. Companies struggle to keep up with the ever changing impact of technology on their customers and their business operations and as a result, Digital skills, in other words, people with the skills to help create and deliver solutions using technology, are in high demand and short supply globally.
Because work can be done remotely, all one needs is a sufficient internet connection and a laptop, we see an incredible opportunity for the young people of the Overstrand to learn and embark on career in digital services.
Our School of Digital is designed to provide students with the best chance at gaining employment in the field of digital. We realise that everyone is different - having unique skills and passion for the work they do - so our courses will allow specialisation in one of four fields over time:
- Project Management: Graduates will take on roles that ensure the overall execution of digital projects and work. Leading multi-disciplinary teams of specialists to imagine new solutions to problems and ensure on-time, quality delivery.
- Data & Analytics: Digital platforms (e.g. websites, social media channels, etc) generate a vast amount of information. Designing and implementing tools to capture and report on this data is essential to an organisations success. Graduates will take on roles where insights inform strategy.
- Creative Content: despite the proliferation of technology, connection is still a human need. Content, whether copy, video, photos or graphic design has the power to move us. Graduates will work in teams of creatives to imagine, create and deliver compelling stories using digital technologies.
Over three years, students will have the opportunity to explore their speciality of choice.
The first semester courses on offer include:
What you will learn:
Within this carefully designed curriculum, you will be introduced to
- The digital context
- Content, brand and communication through digital
- The foundation technologies that make the digital world tick
- Building and leading teams to deliver digital projects
- Capturing, presenting and analysing data that is created in the digital sphere
The first semester of the HVT Cert provides the foundation for students working up to following external, industry certifications:
- PM South Africa: PM.Admin certificate
- PMI South Africa: Certified Associate in Project Management
- MTA: Software Development Fundamentals
- MTA: HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
- MTA: Introduction to Programming using HTML & CSS
- Adobe Creative Cloud Certification
- Google Ad Words
- Google Data Analyst
Personal & Professional Development
A compulsory module to all HVT students, ensuring that vital life skills and leadership abilities needed are instilled to equip our students to be productive and efficient employees, model citizens and ethical leaders.
Technology enables people to build careers from anywhere in the world. Careers that are open to candidates with a strong digital foundation include:
- Project Manager
- Data Scientist
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Specialist
- Graphic Designer
Skills gained during this programme will give you the foundation to embark on a career in the exciting field of digital.
HVT Digital Certification: Intermediate (Gold) & Advanced (Platinum)
After successful completion of the HVT Cert Basic students will be assessed by our professional career guidance team in consultation with their School of Digital tutors. Together they will plan a specialisation for the Intermediate and Advanced years respectively, with a curriculum that will prepare the student for the job market after graduation. Students will not only become highly competent in their area of specialisation, but will also gain practical experience in completing digital projects.
Bachelor pass matric certificate is a requirement for all levels of the certification.
All applicants will undergo a series of interviews focusing on:
2. Team work and
3. Basic knowledge.
Meeting the admission requirements of a programme does not guarantee acceptance, since the available space is limited.
What you will need:
To complete the programme, it is recommended that you have access to the following items:
- Stable Internet connection
- Time: ± 30 hours per week for tuition, study, tutorials, project work and lectures.
Please note should you not have access to a computer or internet, you can access these resources at the HVT Hub.
The following fees are for 2021 and subject to annual increases.
A R3500 registration fee is payable on enrolment. The total cost of every year of the programme excluding registration fee is R27 000.
Admissions will open on the 17th of August and close on October 31st 2020.
When can I start?
The programme will commence in February 2021.